What this policy covers
1. THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We collect information about you when you provide it to us, when you use our Services, and when other sources provide it to us, as further described below. However, A VERY IMPORTANT NOTICE IS THAT all messaging via our messaging platform TELETRUCKS Connect is protected by end to end encryption technology and is never ever shared or accessible to anyone anywhere even to TELETRUCKS.
a. Information you provide to us: We collect information about you when you input it into the Services or otherwise provide it directly to us.
b. Information we collect automatically when you use the Services: We collect information about you when you use our Services, including taking certain actions within the Services, such as:
c. Information we receive from other sources: We receive information about you from:
· Other users of the Services: Other users of our Services may provide information about you when they submit content through the Services. For example, you may be mentioned by someone else on a wall, or a user may upload content about you to a wall, or mention you in the TELETRUCKS Community Service. We also receive your email address from other Service users when they provide it in order to invite you to the Services. Similarly, an administrator may provide your contact information when they designate you as another administrator for a community.
· TELETRUCKS Partners: We work with a global network of partners who provide consulting, implementation, training and other services around our products. Some of these partners also help us to market and promote our service. We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees who are bound by the TELETRUCKS privacy agreements.
· Other partners: We receive information about you and your activities on and off the Services from third-party partners, such as advertising and market research partners who provide us with information about your interest in, and engagement with, our Services and online advertisements. Other types of third parties we share information may be Insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers, or subcontractors
2. HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
How we use the information we collect depends in part on which Services you use, how you use them, and any preferences you have communicated to us. Below are the specific purposes for which we use the information we collect about you.
· To provide the Services and personalize your experience: Administering and connecting information and activities across TELETRUCKS services and products; personalizing features of our Services for you to give a tailored and consistent experience based on your connections, preferences, interests and activities based on data we collect and learn from you, enabling your use of the services available across our various products and allowing for a seamless sign up for instance; Using Location-related information such as your current location, where you live, the places you like to go, and the businesses and people you're near-to provide, personalize and improve our services such as Mentor and Mingle; also including ads, for you and others.
· Customer support: We use your information to resolve technical issues you encounter, to respond to your requests for assistance, to analyze crash information, and to repair and improve the Services. Where you give us permission to do so, we share your information with a TELETRUCKS Expert for the purpose of responding to support-related requests. We also deal with inquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our Services.
3. HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We will not sell information about you to advertisers or other third parties.. We do share certain types of information about you with other Service users as described below:
Sharing with other Service users
Sharing with third parties
· We share information with third parties that help us operate, provide, improve, integrate, customize, support and market our Services.
· We work with third-party partners who help us provide and improve our Services or who use TELETRUCKS tools to grow their businesses, which makes it possible for us to operate some of our services for free.
· Where we provide advertisers with reports about the kinds of people seeing their ads and how their ads are performing, we don't share information that personally identifies you unless you give us permission.
· We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees or sub-contractors who are bound by the TELETRUCKS privacy agreements.
Other third party agents we may share with are:
4. HOW WE STORE AND SECURE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information storage and security
· We use data hosting service providers in the United States to host the information we collect, and we use technical measures to secure your data. While we implement safeguards designed to protect your information, no security system is impenetrable and due to the inherent nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that data, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care, is absolutely safe from intrusion by others. We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of your personal information. We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers. All electronic financial transactions entered into through our website will be protected by encryption technology. You are responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing our Platform and Services confidential; we will not ask you for your password (except when you log in).
· A Word about the Security behind TELETRUCKS Connect: Because this is our messaging app, we have built in secure features specifically to keep your private conversations across all of TELETRUCKS, particularly TELETRUCKS connect, very secure. TELETRUCKS Connect uses the latest end-to-end encryption between you and anyone you are messaging. We ensure only you and the person you're communicating with can read what is sent, and nobody in between, not TELETRUCKS, not TELETRUCKS employees, not anyone.
How long we keep information
How long we keep information we collect about you depends on the type of information, as described in further detail below. After such time, we will either delete or anonymize your information or, if this is not possible (for example, because the information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your information and isolate it from any further use until deletion is possible.
· Information you share on the Services: Your information may be shared by People and accounts you share and communicate with, and content others share or reshare about you. This content may be reshared all over the internet beyond TELETRUCKS. If your account is deactivated or disabled, some of your information and the content you have provided will still be available as long as you have shared it to other users.
5. HOW TO ACCESS AND CONTROL YOUR INFORMATION
You have certain choices available to you when it comes to your information. Below is a summary of those choices, how to exercise them and any limitations. We will respond to requests about this within a reasonable timeframe.
Your rights: You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you; provision of such information will be subject to the following:
· The payment of a fee and
· The supply of appropriate evidence of your identity – We will accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a notary plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address.
We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
Your request and choices may be limited in certain cases: for example, if fulfilling your request would reveal information about another person, or if you ask to delete information which we are permitted by law or have compelling legitimate interests to keep.
Access and update your information: Our Services and related documentation give you the ability to access and update certain information about you from within the Service. For example, you can access your profile information from your account and search for content containing information about you using key word searches in the Service. You can update your profile information within your profile settings.
Delete your information: You can delete your account through your account settings. When you delete your account, we delete content you have posted or created such as your company’s profile, photos, videos and stories which you will no longer be able to retrieve. Information that others have shared about you isn't part of your account and won't be deleted. You may also deactivate your account at any time.
You can also delete certain information about you from within the Service. For example, you can remove certain profile information within your profile settings. Please note, however, that we may need to retain certain information for record keeping purposes, to complete transactions or to comply with our legal obligations.
Turn off Cookie Controls: Relevant browser-based cookie controls are described in our Cookies policy.
6. HOW WE OPERATE AND TRANSFER INFORMATION WE COLLECT INTERNATIONALLY
Information that we collect may be stored, processed in, and transferred between any of the countries in which we operate and outside your place of residence in order to enable us to use the information in accordance with this policy and as stated
7. OTHER IMPORTANT PRIVACY INFORMATION
· Our policy towards children: The Services are not directed to individuals under 16. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If we become aware that a child under 16 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete such information. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information, please contact TELETRUCKS help center.